10 best innuendos of The Great British Bake Off series 6
PUBLISHED: 12:40 25 September 2015 | UPDATED: 15:14 25 September 2015
Champion of the innuendo, Bake Off nurtures the British ability to find hilarity in double entendre – we pick the top 10 suggestive one-liners to tickle the British sense of humour
The BBC cookery show brings the culinary highs and lows of its talented bakers to pre-watershed televisions across the country – it encourages viewers to bake along, learn about vintage cooking methods and most importantly, showcases some of the best cake-related puns and naughty one-liners we’ve heard. Here are 10 times that Bake Off made us laugh at gateaux, sponge and cream horns.
1. Paul Hollywood: “We’ve got 12 contestants to break in.”
2. Stu Henshall: “I’m not going to keep it up.”
3. Sue Perkins: “15 minutes till you give Paul the horn!”
4. Sue Perkins: “Right bakers time to reveal your cracks.”
5. Paul Hollywood on Sandy: “Her box was beautiful.”
6. Mat Riley: “My wife says always leave it in for 10 minutes extra.”
7. Nadia Hussain on her snake: “He’s enormous, so I think after doing him 6 times the trick is to keep him small to begin with.”
8. Mel Giedroyc: “I can’t wait to romp in your forest, Ian.”
9. Mary Berry: “Fill the horn right to the bottom – so that you enjoy it to the last mouthful.”
10. Mel to Alvin Magallanes: “How do you fan your plums?”
Alvin: “I just lay them on top.”
Are there any others that you would have added to this list? Tweet us your favourites.