Top 10 tips for a healthy 2016 by Hello Healing
PUBLISHED: 12:00 07 January 2016
Rebecca Cotterall gives her top tips to jump start your new year.
1. Throw all the processed foods out and enjoy real, whole foods - meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, good fats, some carbohydrates, herbs, spices
2. Reboot with pure filtered water. Aim for 2 litres of water throughout the day to stay optimally hydrated and help improve concentration
3. Include regular protein snacks through the day to stop you from reaching for the biscuit tin. Boiled eggs, nuts, nut butters, seeds and hummus are all great energy, satiety and mood stabilising foods
4. Kick start metabolism with a nutrient dense breakfast - eggs, avocado, quinoa/oats porridge, smoothies. It will set you up for the whole day. If you enjoy porridge sprinkle some seeds on top to keep you going through to lunch.
5. Sugar was so 2015. Avoid all refined sugars, they can lead to inflammation in the body and reek havoc to physiological processes associated with many chronic illnesses.
6. Boost your vegetable intake - we need to feed our cells essential nutrients in order to function and colourful vegetables include a whole host of lovely nutrients. Some vegetables even support detoxification pathways - enjoy broccoli, kale, cabbage and cauliflower.
7. Make 2016 the year you exercise more - find a class you enjoy, yoga, swimming, running, get a dog, take the stairs
8. Value yourself and your health - this is the only body you will have take care of it
9. Aim to be in bed for 10pm for better quality sleep. Sleep is when our bodies heal and rest, support these vital processes by ensuring good quality and quantity of sleep.
10. Don’t be fat phobic. Learn to love good fats. Our bodies need fat for optimal nervous system health and energy. Enjoy coconut oil, avocado, olive oil on salads, oily fish and nuts. Good fat doesn’t make you fat, bad fat makes you fat!
You can find out more about Rebecca and Hello Healing at hellohealing.co.uk