6 stylish home updates for Spring at Stringers Homelife
PUBLISHED: 13:06 09 February 2018 | UPDATED: 13:20 09 February 2018
Updating your home for the new season needn’t require a major overhaul (unless you want it to.) A few stylish, well-placed accessories are all that’s required to breathe life into your living spaces. Here’s some ways in which to refresh your home this Spring.
1. If you’re looking for an instant home update to jazz up your living room or add the luxe factor to your bedroom, nothing is more effective than a statement rug.
Perfect for complementing contemporary, neutral interiors, choose from bold monochrome prints, understated geometric designs and colour-block styles to warm things up in an instant.
Liven up simple wooden floors with the handwoven style or give bare feet a treat with an oh-so-plush style.
2. An easy, fun and relatively affordable way to update a room is with an armchair.
Transform a neglected corner with one, or double up for an alternative and seriously cool way to add more seating option to your living room.
Less of a commitment than a sofa and available in a wealth of shades, fabrics and price points. Edison by Westbridge in Capri Teal in rich moleskin is an obvious choice for standout style and top of the wishlist, but if you’re after something a little understated, there’s plenty of muted tones from soft greys to hazy blues.
Living room tip: Try to put seating around all sides of the room if you can – it’s much more sociable than just having one sofa facing a TV. In larger rooms, make sure you have more intimate seating areas so if there’s only one or two of you in the room you can still feel cosy.
3. Lighting can make or break a room, so whether you’re after a decorative table lamp to add character and warmth or practical and stylish fitted lights, it really pays to get it right. Three things to consider when choosing lighting for a room…
Ambience: lighting can create mood and transform a room so take your time to research what you’re looking for and the effect you want. If it’s cosiness in a bedroom you’re after, consider dainty cluster lights. Want a showstopper of an entry hall? Invest in a decorative lam to add to your console.
Brightness: think about what you’re going to be using these lights for. Light in a bathroom needs to be practical and bright, whereas a dining room can afford to have much more subtle, stylised lighting.
Focus: what and where you are lighting should be taken into consideration. A dark, dingy corner can be transformed with a decorative lamp, whereas in a kitchen or stairway you need an element of functionality.
4. Transform your home into the ultimate relaxation space by adding throws – there’s nothing like an understated palette of slate grey and gold to add chic sophistication to your interiors.
Drape yours artfully over sofas and armrests or spread it out nonchalantly on beds for an instant Spring update.
5. Living plants and fresh flowers always bring an element of natural beauty into the home, no matter what your design scheme.
So versatile, you can be as experimental or as understated as you like.
Arrange a few planters to lift wooden floorboards or simply scatter along the window sill to create the illusion of the outdoors creeping in before it gets warm enough to throw open the windows and doors and embrace the Spring outdoors fully!
Don’t be scared to experiment in different rooms and different styles to create the look you love.
6. If it’s a bigger makeover you’re after this year then check out the sofa range at Stringers Homelife. However big your living space, a corner sofa is probably the ultimate way to do comfortable seating. The Metrow is the most lounge-worthy relaxing piece, available in a host of shades from luxe pale grey to on-trend teal, with left or right-hand side corners so you’re sure to find a sofa that fits.
From Scandi style and modern minimalism, to eclectic prints and bold paint shades, here are three Instagram accounts that have us dreaming of a home makeover…