13 times the Lake District was more beautiful than a postcard
PUBLISHED: 14:54 02 February 2016 | UPDATED: 16:36 30 January 2017
From the dramatic skies that cover Hardknot Pass to the chocolate box village of Chapel Stile, we pick 13 times the Lake District was more beautiful than a postcard.
1. We know the beauty of Lake Windermere is renowned across the world,
2. but if you look a little further you will find the spectacular landscape at the foot of Great Gable…
3. or the rambling countryside outside of Aspatria with views across to Scotland.
4. Perhaps you might see a spectacular sunrise over Buttermere Lake,
5. or the dramatic skies that cover Hardknott Pass.
6. You might find that Coniston could be straight from a storybook,
7. or the sunsets over Ennerdale are breathtaking.
8. Put on your walking boots and you’ll discover the greenery of remotest Eskdale,
9. and secluded Grasmere is a wonderful place to collect your thoughts…
10. And even on a rainy day you cannot ignore the beauty of Workington
11. or the serenity of Whitehaven first thing in the morning.
13. And the chocolate box village of Chapel Stile is prettier than a postcard.
Did you enjoy this article? Perhaps you’d like ‘25 photos that capture the true beauty of the Lake District in Autumn’