An Evening of Burlesque - Charter Hall, Preston Saturday 27 April, 2013
PUBLISHED: 13:01 12 March 2013 | UPDATED: 21:06 05 April 2013
Flushed with success, Britain's biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to town, direct from London's West End and unveiling a fresh cast of burlesque all-stars for 2013.
Flushed with success, Britains biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to town, direct from Londons West End and unveiling a fresh cast of burlesque all-stars for 2013.
An Evening of Burlesques 100-show, debut production celebrated its finale with a critically-acclaimed European tour.
For 2013, says show producer Michael Taylor, an all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.
Local theatregoers are invited to enjoy an all-new riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque and cutting-edge variety.
Sashaying Royal Academy-trained burlesque bombshells are promised: Slipping into exotic character as smoothly as they slip out of the most exotic couture costumes ever to grace the stage, says Michael.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
Promising to be all tease, no sleaze, An Evening of Burlesque is for over-18s only.
Its the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year, says Michael.
Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesque-inspired outfits.
Prepare for the ultimate in glamorous nights out, says Michael. On stage, dance, comedy, mischief, music, magic, frivolity and fun collide so dress up and come to the cabaret.
Stars of An Evening of Burlesque can include:
- The Folly Mixtures a burlesque quartet choreographed to thrill, featuring a tasty assortment of lip-smacking themed routines that have thrilled fans throughout the UK and Europe
- Ivy Paige the evenings most welcoming compere, this songstress is a cabaret star in her own right
- Miss Ooh La Lou described as Police Academy dream babe, a bit Britney, a bit Goldie Hawn. Trained at Italia Conti, she has appeared in numerous West End musicals
- Miss Felixy Splits another product of Italia Conti, the all-singing, all-dancing performer is the ultimate cheesecake pin-up
- Bettsie Bon Bon definitely not just a pretty face. A one-time Lloyds underwriter with a law degree, the briefs she handles today for a living are of a far more colourful nature. Trained in hip hop and street dance, shes sauce, tease, glamour and naughtiness personified
- Liberty Sweet sensuous and graceful, a nimble vamp, trained at the Royal Academy of Dance, comes with her own sparkle-encrusted swing. A star of the Edinburgh Festival and ITVs Alan Titchmarsh Show!
- Angie Sylvia trained in hip hop, waacking and vogue at the Broadway Dance Center, New York, her red-hot repertoire also includes Arabian Nights, complete with fire eating. . .
- AJ James experience gravity-defying feats of balance involving knife juggling that features audience participation with a wince-inducing twist they throw the knives
- Kalki Hula Girl her explosive, show-stealing hula-hoop performances defy both the laws of gravity and impossibility, leaving audiences in an old-school vaudeville spin
DRESS TO IMPRESS PRIZE FOR THE MOST GLAMOROUS MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE
Sparkling with couture costumes, featuring killer heels and stockings aplenty. . . no, were not talking about the burlesque all-star performers appearing in Britains hottest new theatre show sensation An Evening of Burlesque. . .
Thats a description of audiences for the glamorous production. Its combination of song, dance, mischief, magic, music, frivolity and fun has proved an unqualified hit with the ladies.
Throughout the UK, says show producer Michael Taylor, at every venue on our 70-date tour, the fairer sex make up the majority of our audiences.
And the ladies just love dressing for the occasion.
So much so, the production now offers a burlesque-tastic surprise prize for the best-dressed member of the audience on the night. The prize will be awarded by the shows production manager, their decision being final.
The show is an opportunity, says Mike, to forget about all your troubles for an evening and enjoy the thrills and spills of modern-day burlesque.
Theatregoers completely immerse themselves in the evenings entertainment.
Michael says, as performers look out from the stage the auditorium is aglitter with the most dazzling outfits.
As a consequence, the atmosphere at theatres is absolutely electric, he says.
We would like to reward the most glamorously-dressed person with a prize theyll treasure forever.
AN EVENING OF BURLESQUE
Saturday 27 April, 2013 ~ 7.30pm
Lancaster Road, Preston PR1 1HT ~ Tickets: 22
Box office: 0844 844 7710 www.prestonguildhall.com www.easytheatres.com