Methodists bi-centenary and Club Day, Freckleton

PUBLISHED: 08:34 16 July 2010 | UPDATED: 17:33 20 February 2013

Methodists bi-centenary and Club Day, Freckleton

Methodists bi-centenary and Club Day, Freckleton

Methodists celebrating their bi-centenary joined with churches in Freckleton to stage a colourful Club Day in the village.<br/><br/><br/>Photography by Kirsty Thompson

Methodists celebrating their bi-centenary joined with churches in Freckleton to stage a colourful Club Day in the village.


It was in 1810 that a barn at the end of Bunker Street started to be used for Methodist meetings and they continued until 1885 when the Methodist Church in Kirkham Road was opened.


The anniversary has been marked by a series of events throughout the year, and money has been raised to aid an agricultural project in Cameroon with the for a book written by Michael Lancaster.


The year culminated in Club Day when members of the Methodist, Anglican and Catholic churches paraded through the village accompanied by the Frecklton Prize Band.

Photography by Kirsty Thompson

Latest from the Lancashire Life